we connect data is looking for a back-end web developer to strengthen our web development team and help drive the growth of our data aggregator platform.
Location: Gent, Belgium
Key Responsibilities: Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, defining and maintaining the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end side. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements. You will be helping to ensure the performance, scalability and security of our cloud platform.
Your Profile: We are looking to strengthen our team with a web developer with first experience in cloud based web application development
- a strong affinity for all sorts of database systems (MySQL, NoSQL, graph databases)
- a good knowledge of Laravel 5
- knowledge in several of following fields: PHP 5.6+ / MySQL / NoSQL / Neo4j / ElasticSearch / Sysadmin tasks / Git / API development / linked open data
- high interest in and good understanding of complex web projects
- basic understanding of front-end technologies
- high standards with code quality ethics
- fluency in Dutch and/or English (spoken and written)
- willingness to continuously learn new things
Why you should join us?
You will be working on interesting data-driven applications in an easy-going, fun and ambitious startup. We’re a fast growing company with plenty of work. We like to hire professionals and don’t like to micro-manage so you should have a ability to manage your own work alone while working as a team.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, get excited about finding smarter ways to do things, and have a burning desire to be part of a young and dynamic team where you can truly make a difference, we want to meet you.
Don’t hesitate and connect via firstname.lastname@example.org.