About We Connect Data & DataScouts
We Connect Data is a young, quickly growing company. We develop data-driven digital solutions and provide services related to connecting, enriching and visualising context relevant data. Our flagship product is DataScouts, an Ecosystem Intelligence Platform that allows customers to visualise, explore and benchmark a portfolio of companies. Datascouts helps business developers and ecosystem leads to stay informed about what happens in their business space.
About the position
In order to fuel our growth, we are looking for a front-end web developer to strengthen the web development team of DataScouts, an Ecosystem Intelligence Platform that enables businesses to stay informed about market trends, challengers and the vibrancy of their network. Our office is in Ghent (Belgium), but we are happy to work as a remote team.
- Develop the front end of an innovative software solution to help businesses stay a front runner in their market
- Create a responsive, user friendly and innovative front end for curating and visualising relevant business information.
- Develop engaging channels to put a human in the loop to solve ambiguities were needed
- Create intuitive visualisations of large scale data and analytics applying strong user experience principals.
- Engage with product management to understand the customer’s challenges, prototype new ideas and propose new technologies than drive user engagement
- Design, implement, schedule, test, and deploy front end features.
- Ensure quality delivery of software through thorough testing and peer reviews.
- 2+ years of experience with web development using PHP and Laravel framework
- 2+ years of experience with using HTML and CSS, including CSS frameworks, such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Experience with using agile software development methods
- Experience with usability analysis, testing, and client–facing engagements, including design discussions and product demonstrations
- Experience with a structured build software, including Gulp, Grunt, or NPM
Additional skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Git, and GitLab
- Basic understanding of wide range of database systems (ElasticSearch, MySQL, NoSQL, graph databases)
- High standards with code quality ethics
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Willingness to continuously learn new things
Why you should join us?
You will be part of an ambitious fast growing tech startup. You will have the opportunity to learn all about AI, Active Learning and more. We like to hire professionals and don’t like to micro-manage so you should be able to manage your own work alone while working as a team. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, get excited about finding smarter ways to do things, and have a burning desire to be part of a young and dynamic team where you can truly make a difference, we want to meet you.