IN WHAT FOLLOWS
- “Data Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
- “Data Processor” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller
- “Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction
- “WCD” refers to we connect data BVBA, a company under Belgian law, established at 66, Spiegelhofvoetweg, 1850, Grimbergen registered under BE0650.599.388. WCD acts as Data Processor.
- “Website” refers to all content (including text, data, information, software, logos, graphics or photos) and services Company offers on the domain weconnectdata.com
- “Visitor(s)” refers to all people consulting the Website or interacting with it. Visitors act as Data Controller.
- “Purpose” refers to services on the Website (including but not limited to job applications, asking questions, ordering publications, registration of attendance, participation to webinars etc.) for which collection of personal data might be required.
This Website is an online information and communication channel of WCD
DATA AND PRIVACY
Some services on the Website (including but not limited to job applications, asking questions, ordering publications, registration of attendance, participation to webinars etc.) require the collection of personal data. Personal data contain information related to an identifiable natural person, such as a name, address, e-mail address or a telephone number. This processing of personal data is based on, as applicable, Article 6.1, (a), (b), (c), (e) or (f) of Regulation EU 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data.
When leaving personal data on the Website, the Visitor, who acts as Data Controller, explicitly allows WCD to Process the personal data for the Purpose they were collected.
WCD, who acts as Data Processor, Processes the personal data solely to achieve the specific Purpose for which they are collected through the Website. The personal data collected are not processed for commercial purposes unless explicitly agreed upon by the Visitor through an opt-in scenario.
Personal data are only shared on a need-to-know basis with staff who are responsible for achieving the Purpose of the collection. This data may be shared with people outside WCD when this appears necessary in order to achieve the Purpose of the collection or in cases provided for by the law. Should a Visitor to the website refuse to provide certain essential items of data, WCD reserves the right to refrain from dealing with the Visitor’s question or request.
WCD Processes these personal data for the duration which is strictly necessary in order to attain the specific Purposes in view of which the data are Processed. Once the Purpose is attained, WCD will delete the personal data of the Visitor.
In as far as the conditions laid out in the applicable legislation are met, Visitors whose data are Processed are entitled to
- access their personal data and, as the case may be, rectify them;
- object to Processing on grounds relating to their particular situation;
- obtain the erasure of such data or the restriction of Processing;
- receive the personal data concerning them in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit those data to another controller;
- lodge a complaint with the Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit/Autorité de protection des données if they consider that processing their personal data infringes the applicable legislation.
The relevant Vistors may exercise the rights mentioned under points (1) to (4) by means of a dated and signed request to WCD’s Data Protection Officer, Mr. Bart Frison sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , or sent by post to WCD.
Servers automatically store data sent by a Visitor’s browser each time the Website is consulted. These server log files may contain the following information: the date and time of the visit, the visitor’s IP address, the type of browser used by the visitor, the browser language and the browser screen size, and one or more cookies by which the browser can be identified. This information is not linked to personal data collected elsewhere and is used solely to record website visitor statistics required for the purpose of assessing and improving the Website.
Visitors agree not to use the website:
- in an illegal manner;
- to stalk, harass or harm;
- to impersonate any other person or entity;
- to misrepresent your relation with a person or entity
Further, Visitors agree not to use any data mining, robots, or similar methods for data collection or extraction
LINKS FROM THE WEBSITE TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Links to third party websites from the Website are provided solely for convenience. If Visitors use these links, they leave the Website. WCD is not required to assess such third party web sites, does not control them and is not responsible for such websites nor the products, services, or content available through such websites. If Visitors decide to visit one of the third party websites referenced from the Website, they do so at their own risk.
BACKLINKS TO THE WEBSITE
It is allowed to post links from other sites to the Website, but only in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and the following additional restrictions:
- referring websites must not suggest that WCD approves the content or the offer of the referring website;
- referring websites should represent the relationship with WCD correctly;
- referring websites may not provide false or misleading information about WCD, its products and services;
- referring websites must not contain content that could be considered as distasteful, insulting or controversial;
- referring websites may contain only content that is appropriate for all age groups.
RIGHTS TO THE CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE
The content of the Website is protected by Belgian and international copyright and trademark. Visitors agree not to reproduce the content of the Website, without the expressly written permission of WCD, nor distribute, publish, commercially exploit or modify it.
The names, trademarks and logos WCD used on this website may not be used in advertising or publicity, or otherwise to indicate that a link exists with WCD without the prior written permission.
If you are the holder of the rights to information that was placed on the website, you can contact us via email@example.com or by writing to WCD.
Last update: September, 2019