FOSTER OPEN INNOVATION AND ECOSYSTEM STRATEGIES
Organizations that want to stay ahead of their market, can’t just rely on own internal knowledge and resources. Uncertainty and disruption require individual firms to be more adaptable and co-innovate with external partners. Therefore, collaboration across the boundaries of their organization is an important driver for innovation. In recent years we have seen a wide range of “Open Innovation” tactics emerging. There is no single solution to innovation. Large companies are more and more open to opt for a diversified Open Innovation policy. But making the shift towards an open innovation strategy isn’t easy.That’s why our team helps corporates answer the necessary questions to design strategy effectively in open innovation ecosystems including:
- Are emerging megatrends leading to new ecosystem opportunities for your company?
- How do you want to win in an ecosystem-based economy, what capabilities do you have that can be leveraged to create value for an ecosystem?
- Who are the stakeholders in the ecosystem, and what roles do they play?
- What will your position be – orchestrator or follower?
- Which ecosystems would be a good strategic fit?
- When is the right moment to join or orchestrate an ecosystem?
- How healthy and mature is the ecosystem?
- Do other ecosystems present a better value creation/capturing opportunity?
- Are emerging megatrends leading to new opportunities within our ecosystem?
Our approach combines strategic advisory services with a unique Market & Competitive Intelligence platform. Our ecosystem strategy (maturity) framework offers a holistic perspective of the required steps in designing and executing an ecosystem strategy.