FRONTEND SOFTWARE ENGINEER
LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU
We are looking for a frontend software engineer to strengthen the application development team of DataScouts. DataScouts is a Market & Competitive Intelligence Platform that enables businesses to stay informed about relevant actors, market trends and business opportunities in their market.
LET’S GET IN TOUCH
- Apply by sending a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- In case of questions, don’t hesitate to send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
01 | Your role
We are continuously improving the User Experience of DataScouts. We want to help companies gain relevant market insights in today’s fast changing and thus less predictable business world. That’s why we are looking for a frontend software engineer with affinity for interactive data visualisations.
- You will lead the design, implementation and deployment of front end features
- You will create a responsive, user friendly front end that provides intuitive visualisations on top of large scale data and analytics
- You will develop and enhance the user experience of DataScouts, providing Business Analysts and their managers access to valuable market trends and insights
- You engage with product management to understand the customer’s challenges, prototype new ideas and propose new technologies that drive user engagement
- You will work full time on DataScouts, preferably at our office in Gent.
02 | What we offer
- A job were you really will have an impact on the user experience of our community
- Great learning opportunity and development perspectives in an innovative environment.
- Being part of an awesome team, growing internationally
- A high degree of freedom and our support to succeed
We are committed to make everybody feel part of the team. We value the individual and embrace diversity. We encourage contribution. We spur innovation and creativity. Read more about our mission and our values.
03 | Who we look for
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications, preferably in Vue.js
- strong affiliation with handling stateful Single Page Applications
- experience with charting libraries such as D3.js and Chart.js
- good understanding of usability analysis and testing
- profound understanding of agile software development methods, git and gihub as well as structured build software such as NPM and Yarn
- fluent in English and/or Dutch
04 | About you
- You are curious and motivated to stay up-to-date regarding new technologies and programming tools
- You adhere to high standards with code quality ethics and meeting deadlines
- You are solution oriented and you make sure things get done
- You take a structured approach to the challenges you face
- You are a team player with a high degree of integrity
But most importantly, you’re excited about the opportunity to contribute to building an exciting innovative product that allows companies to continuously monitor their business environment and gain instant insights.